Tuesday, August 24, 2010

backyard fun


yesterday, while i was doing some weeding and working in the garden, the girls were playing on our big picnic blanket next to me. all of a sudden, diane erupted in laughter and was giggling as hard as i've ever heard her giggle. i looked over to see madeleine wrestling with her. of course, instead of saving diane from her sister's loving, i went and got my camera.









i finally broke it up when madeleine started dragging diane across the blanket backward by her feet and then jumping on her and digging her elbow into diane's back. diane was still laughing and giggling, but i figured i'd break it up before it turned to tears. fortunately, she didn't seem any worse for the wear. who says that boys have the monopoly on wrestling?


some other pictures of the girls from the week:


eating solids
she has found her thumb now that we took away her binkie

starting to crawl




3 comments:

Diane said...

I love the pictures of the two wrestling girls.

Solids??!! Already??

The thumb sucking must go with the name.

Maija said...

I adore these pictures! They made my day. We need to play. If you're going back to pick berries later on this year, I want to go.

natalie said...

Those pictures melt my heart! You have beautiful girls!