Thursday, May 11, 2017

July 2016 in pictures

With Marion born on June 30th, July started off with a lot of excitement. Long before Marion was ever conceived, my family planned a family reunion up at Lake Cavanaugh for the first week of July. Bad timing on our part. I really didn't want to miss the reunion, so one day after we came home from the hospital, we headed up to the lake.

These pictures are from the first day home from the hospital:


My mom holding Marion:



These are from the lakehouse. Unfortunately, the weather was not great for the week we were there. It was pretty cold in the water and we didn't spend a lot of time swimming (well, I didn't spend ANY time swimming).





Diane curled up after being outside for a while. 


Fourth of July and lots of glow sticks. 


 The sun did come out for a few hours (I'm not really exaggerating).



















 All of the Linford grandkids:


Some aunt time: 




This was a particularly beautiful sunrise that Marion and I enjoyed together (we didn't sleep much that week). 



There are worse places to be up at 5:00 in the morning with a baby. 


 After the reunion, my mom stayed on for a week to help with the baby (and the other kids, and the laundry, and the dishes, and dinners, etc.).


 This is Marion on a quilt that my mom made for her.


 And this is a quilt my aunt, Elna, made for her. We are lucky to have so many wonderful quilters in the family.


There were lots of pictures taken this month, I exercised great restraint in only posting the ones I did.

 

Jonathan was so sweet with the baby (thankfully! I was concerned about how he would receive her) and loved to hold her as much as I would let him. 


My mom played in the pool with the kids while I sat on the side of the pool with the baby. 




Jonathan wasn't the only one that loved holding the baby. 




After my mom left, Randy's mom came and picked right up where my mom left off. 



I love how often we have the pool to ourselves. 




The kids made this crown for Marion. 


At the end of July, we headed to Boise for our annual Peck family reunion in McCall. My parents came up from Utah on Sunday for Marion's baby blessing.  


 We took lots of pictures with Marion on her blessing day.


Marion and Grammy.


Peck grandparents.


Linford grandparents.


Marion was blessed in the same dress that my mother-in-law made for Madeleine and that Diane was also blessed in.



Marion and Randy's mom.



Marion and my dad. 

Marion and my mom.


Marion and her grandmothers.


Three generations. 


Three generations on both sides.




The whole group that was there at the blessing. 


The Peck clan. 


One last picture of my parents with the kids before they headed back to Utah. 

No comments: