Saturday, May 13, 2017

September 2016 in pictures

September started off with sending the kids to school.




Neighborhood back to school picture:




About a week later, Jonathan started preschool. This was a big deal for me. I really didn't know how he was going to do with being away from us and riding the bus. He had some separation issues at church and is a homebody in general, so I wasn't really sure how things would go. It went so smoothly, which was an answer to many, many prayers. 


Waiting for the bus:





Madeleine did cross country this year. It was probably more of a social than an athletic venture for her, but she really enjoyed it and has continued running this year, so it had a lasting impact on her. This is all of the third grade girls lined up at the start of their race, Madeleine is on the far end of the girls with the blue headband:






Going out for frozen yogurt to celebrate. 


Random cute baby pictures (there will be more of them throughout this post):




The biggest event of the month was that my brother, Ray, and I filmed our episode of Wheel of Fortune. It's a long story, but about a year before this, I got an email to come audition for the show (I had applied online about 18 months before that on a whim) and was told I could bring a family member if I wanted to. My brother was crazy enough to drive up from Utah on a couple days' notice and after auditioning, we were selected as contestants for the family week. Unfortunately, they only tape family week once a year, so we waited almost a full year before hearing back that we would be filming our episode a couple weeks later. The whole process was so much fun, our episode was exciting, and we came home with about $14,000 each. Not bad for a day's work! 









Jonathan took a six week gymnastics class through our local parks and rec department. It wasn't really his cup of tea, but it warmed him up to the idea of being away from us (it started a couple weeks before preschool did) and got some energy out. He's the blur on the balance beam below. 




Walking home from school and looking too cool. 


This was a back to school ice cream night at Jonathan's school: 



Diane lost a tooth. I'm still not exactly sure how it happened, but it got knocked out in some kind of horsing around. I didn't really want to know. 


Every year, I take pictures of my kids instead of buying school pictures for them (cheapskate mom). Here are this year's: 




 









 



 
 

 

Diane really wanted to wear her beads in her pictures, so I let her put them on for a few pictures at the end.


Marion got her picture taken, too. 



No comments: