Monday, May 24, 2010

ugh.

woke up to snow this morning.

even though i checked the weather at 11:00 last night and it said that it was just supposed to rain. so i didn't cover my plants. i was trying to be a dutiful gardener.

but the weather report lied.

to say i am upset is an understatement.

i feel so helpless. nothing to do but wait and see what the casualties are.

should have waited to plant until memorial day weekend, like i had planned in the first place.

i had a piece of chocolate cake for breakfast to make me feel better. it tasted good, but it didn't really help.

i don't want to talk about it anymore.

3 comments:

megan... said...

I had chocolate cake for breakfast too! And I covered my plants this morning as well.. Although here is my theory.. It snowed, but didn't frost, so I'm hoping it didn't actually bite the plants.... (I think it rained most of the night and turned to snow this morning... this is all my justification to make myself feel better) Wow- long comment...

Ryan and Erin said...

Yeah, Ryan wanted to blow up the state of utah. He spent 8 hours on our garden on saturday.

debby said...

that was my theory, too, megan. the only way for me to keep my hopes up. so far, they are actually looking alright and thankfully, it is supposed to be really nice for the next couple days. hopefully warm them up.