Thursday, May 20, 2010

before and after



before



after

i went to a relief society (our church's women's group) activity tonight and they had a nursery for small children. since randy was teaching lessons, i took madeleine and she went to the nursery. about half way through the activity, one of the young women brought madeleine into the room. i figured that she had to go to the bathroom and got up, but as i got closer, i could see that she was bloody and shaken up.

apparently she had been looking out the window and some kid that was skating around the church parking lot came up to the window and slammed it down on madeleine's face. awesome. fortunately for this boy, i don't know who it was. madeleine actually handled it surprisingly well, but i decided that it was probably best to just call it a night and head home early. she is now happily sporting her binkie outside of her bed and watching a little einsteins episode. she probably thinks all of this was for the better.

6 comments:

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

That is terrible!! I cannot even believe that! I wish you knew who it was so you could go talk to his parents!!

megan... said...

I'm going to agree that it might be a good thing that you don't know who that was. I think I'd be the mom on a rampage...

Diane said...

Poor girlie! She looks like Austin did for our family pictures two years ago. That's going to be tender for awhile.

Jill Manis said...

OH MY! REALLY?! I really do not understand some people. At least kids are good at focusing on the good. :)

Erin Leigh said...

this is horrible! i don't know what i'd do if it were june. i'm glad madeleine handled it well!

Nicole S said...

I want the name and social security of the kid. That is wrong. Poor girl, and most suredly, poor Mom. I bet you suffered just as much as she did going through this. Hope she feels better. I wish I could go over and see you guys again soon.