Friday, July 11, 2008

new haircut and vegetables



i got a haircut yesterday. i know that it doesn't look all that different, but i am really happy with the cut. she took a lot of weight out of my hair, which is really nice for the summer. i'm feeling much better about my hair now. perhaps the best part of the haircut was the ten minute wash before she even got the scissors out. that was worth every penny that i paid for my haircut right there.

okay, i know that i keep talking about my garden and i really shouldn't be that obsessed with it, but for some reason i am seriously amazed by my garden. i'm not exaggerating, and i think that amazed is the appropriate word in this situation. randy just laughs at me, but i can't get over it. take a look at my zucchini transformation:



this picture of my two zucchini plants was taken on june 28th, 13 days ago. i thought they were huge then.



this was taken today. look at them! they're HUGE!



i think that the leaves are what really amaze me. i was trying to take a picture of how big the leaves are and decided that the best way to emphasize their size was to have something in the picture to compare it to. the only thing that i had around was my hand.



i had my first harvest today (besides the basil that i have picked a couple times). two zucchini. i promptly grated one, cooked it up in a frying pan, and topped it with parmesan cheese, ala my aunt elna, as a side for my lunch. it doesn't get much better than that. now if i could just have some tomatoes to go with it...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Your hair looks great and I'm glad that someone else gets so excited about their garden!