Saturday, April 19, 2008

yardwork

my clothes are dirty
my body is sore
i am tired
and i only broke one sprinkler pipe

i spent the beautiful afternoon outside in the yard, prepping my plot for my garden. i built the planter last week and was so proud of myself (it's really nothing special, but i did it all by myself) that i decided that i wanted to take on digging up the plot for where the planter was going as well. i was doing really well and then i hit a sprinkler pipe. i was pretty frustrated because i was only about four inches down, which means that the sprinkler pipes really were not buried far enough down. i still maintain that this was not really my fault. fortunately, i have a handy husband and he says it should be a cheap and easy fix. phew. i will post pictures of my garden once it's done. it's been a satisfying project... for the most part.

No comments: