Monday, July 30, 2012

attempting to reintroducing dairy


i've been off of dairy for the last couple months because jonathan was really sensitive to it in my diet. it has been well worth it to preserve his happy demeanor, but i decided that it was about time to test the waters and see if he is ready for me to eat it again (i think diane's sensitivity wore out around four and a half months). we had friends in town this weekend and i wanted to take them to one of my favorite burger joints, so i figured it was a good time to try it. if i was going to have a fussy baby for the next few days, i at least wanted to enjoy the cause.

we went to king charley's, a drive in on the side of highway 9 that we used to go to on our way up to the lakehouse. it was an extremely nostalgic experience for me; the taste of the summers of my youth. the food was as delicious as i remembered. i was a little sad because i was hoping they would have fresh fruit shakes but they were between strawberry and raspberry/blackberry shake seasons. the (fake) blackberry shake that i got was still delicious though.

so far (about forty hours later) it looks like jonathan's doing alright and i'm starting to get my hopes up that i may be able to start eating dairy again. either way, it was a delicious meal and we'll no doubt be heading up that way again soon.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Jealous!
I think you should head up there on September 6. Likely fresh blackberries will be available then.
(I started to drool just looking at the pictures.)

fancycow said...

For some reason, I was just thinking about our times up at your family's lake house. Lots of good memories to think about during a 1:30 am feeding the other night!

debby said...

they are good memories indeed. i love the random places my mind goes during middle of the night feedings.