Friday, October 1, 2010

friday workday

postage stamp baskets

i didn't post about my last friday workday because we spent the whole time learning applique and didn't have any new squares to show for it. but today, we put the postage stamp basket squares together (the handles are the applique part), as well as doing our ocean wave squares.

we didn't sew all four of the baskets together (although i started to and had to take them apart) because we're still not sure how we're going to put the whole thing together in the end and don't know if they'll be together or separate. the pins are little reminders to myself.

ocean waves
we actually didn't get to sewing the ocean waves block together during our workday either (sometimes we get distracted by things like shirley's orange rolls, changing diapers, getting snacks for hungry two year olds, and taking children to go potty, among many other things), but my girls took a nap immediately after my mom and trish left and i took advantage of the rare opportunity i had to sew while both girls slept at the same time. i'm happy with how both of these came out.

next time: bear paw and t-blocks.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Ooh, the ocean waves turned out great. Good balance on the prints.

audrey said...

Your applique looks fabulous! I'm so proud of your quilting. I wish I could be there.