Saturday, February 27, 2010

why wasn't i invited?

madeleine's hair had the ultimate party on friday. she had an e.e.g.* and when she came out of the sedation, her hair was quite the sight. it took me a minute to figure out why it looked like that, but i quickly remembered that she had had all sorts of electrodes hooked up to her head and they had to mark and gel the spots where they were connected.

when i walked out to the waiting room with madeleine to leave, my mom (who was watching diane while i was taking care of madeleine) thought that madeleine had thrown up in her hair because of the anesthesia or something. i got (actually, madeleine got) all sorts of strange looks from the other people waiting in the waiting room.

my mom snapped some pictures right there with her iphone:





and when i got home, i snapped some more:



madeleine wasn't too happy about me taking pictures, but she'll thank me later.







and when randy came home, he had to take some pictures too.





despite the fact that the e.e.g. was no fun to go through, we at least got a good laugh out of madeleine's hair. bruce actually thought that i had styled it that way.

* i realize that it's not really fair for me to casually mention that my daughter got an e.e.g., so here's a brief explanation. when she was being really emotional after diane's arrival, she had some minor seizure-like episodes. my pediatrician ordered an m.r.i. and e.e.g. just to check and make sure it was nothing serious, but neither he nor i are concerned. she hasn't had any since she's been doing better emotionally. i haven't met with the doctor to review the tests yet, but i the m.r.i. was over a week ago and i haven't heard from the doctor, so it can't be anything too serious. she's doing just fine, these were just precautions.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Medusa, eat your heart out.

Eileen Doyle Crane, J.D. said...

Debby:
Great blog! The president of my newly-created Women's Prelaw Forum at UVU and I were reading your blog b/c we wondered if you'd be interested in sitting on a panel in May to talk to my women prelaw students about being a young lawyer with children? I'll get you all the details if you're interested. Your daughters are gorgeous! Congratulations! Eileen 801-863-6779