Friday, February 12, 2010

my funny valentine

i decided that for valentines day this year, i wanted to make sugar cookies and decorate them with madeleine. she loves to help me in the kitchen and i love to eat cookies. a perfect combination. i invited a couple friends over to join me, too.

madeleine and i made the cookies last night and she enjoyed helping for most of that process. this morning though, she decided to take a two hour nap at 8:30am and woke up just as we had started the cookie baking/decorating process. she wasn't too happy at first and i hoped that it would wear off as she woke up, but she never really got into the activity. mostly, she just played with toys while we decorated cookies. oh well. i tried (a big step for me and holidays) and i got to hang out with my friends. and eat cookies.

the happy guest of honor:



mom trying to force a picture:



mom stealing the binkie to try to force a less sad looking picture. didn't work:



megan and robynn decorating:



sorry megan, but you made the face...











and now... a quiz. which of these cookies did debby decorate?

a.


b.


c.


d.


e.


if you guessed anything other than d., i think that you were just trying to humor me. shame on you, i'm not even there to hear you guess. and if you guessed b., who do you think dan is?

if you think my cookies look like they do because a two-year old was helping me, think again. she only helped with two of the cookies. and you can't even guess which ones, can you? i know i can't tell. maybe sometime i'll put a little more effort into cookie decorating. but why go to the trouble when you're just going to eat it?

but don't i have talented friends and a talented sister?

3 comments:

jeanie said...

I'm proud of you for celebrating a holiday. The theme is a good one - love.

Diane said...

I guessed right away. After all, whose daughter are you? In this area we are 90-10.

megan... said...

I have a syndrome... I can not make a normal face when someone tells me to look at the camera. And look where it gets me... You and Royn have cute pictures to remember it by, and I can remember that I look down right silly! What is that eating the frosting one? Lovely!