Sunday, February 14, 2010

happy 30th anniversary



valentine's day is a special day in my family, not only for traditional reasons, but because it is also my parents' (and my sister and brother-in-law's) anniversary. this year, my parents celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary.

my parents have as near a perfect relationship as i have ever seen and their marriage has served as an example to me throughout my life of what i wanted in a marriage. i have never doubted that my parents love each other. they never belittle each other or speak ill of the other person. they are always loving in word and in action. they always praise the other person's strengths and made sure to point out those strengths to us as their children. they are always affectionate and frequently express their love for each other. because of my father's example, i knew how i should be treated in my own relationships and never sold myself short. i knew that i deserved to be adored by my husband. because of my mom's example, i knew how to love and serve my husband while still retaining my own individuality and dignity.

happy 30th, mom and dad. thanks for loving each other.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thank you. My hope is that all of our children can be as happy as your dad and I have been.

So far things are looking great in that respect!