Thursday, December 17, 2009

new resolve

let's be honest, i have not been very good about updating my blog lately. we've had pretty sparse posting with few pictures.

having said that, this is not an apology. i have had lots of reasons: moving (twice), having limited access to my own computer, pregnancy, spending time with madeleine before her world is rocked by a new little baby, and really, i haven't been taking many pictures lately, so i don't have many to post (not really a good excuse).

BUT. even though this is not an apology post, it is a post to kick my butt back into gear in the blogging world. because really, i miss it. i miss writing. i miss taking pictures of my adorable daughter for friends and family (and me) to see and keeping you updated on my life.

now that my life has calmed down a little bit and i have had a little more time to myself in the past week, i have decided that i want to start doing travelin' oma's school days writing seminar. many of you may be familiar with it from reading my mom and my sister's blogs. if not, you can read about it here. basically, it is a little writing seminar with prompts to get you going and work on writing about various topics. yes... i realize that technically it is over and done with and i missed the boat, but when it was actually going on, it wasn't really an ideal time for me to be doing it. perhaps now is not really a good time either.* but i'm going to try, because really, my life is only going to get busier.

and so, i have made myself semi-accountable to someone (is there anyone out there still reading my blog after this long hiatus? or after this long, rambling post?). look forward to more frequent posting, perhaps long winded in nature.

oh, and i will try to get more pictures up as well so that it's not all heavy prose.

*i like how i take on a big project like this seven weeks before i'm supposed to have a baby. just like i want to potty train madeleine, get her in a toddler bed, and take away her binkies before the baby comes, as well. don't worry, i'm not going to traumatize my child and will be okay with it if it doesn't really happen. but i REALLY want it to. especially potty training...

3 comments:

R said...

Good luck with all those "little" projects. I would love to read all about them.

elnaclark said...

I am ready and waiting to hear all you have to say.

Diane said...

You may be accountable to me if you like. I kind of miss that! Are you sending a comment to Oma with your assignments? You should, she'd enjoy reading your stuff.