Thursday, October 8, 2009

jackpot!

apple boxes are highly prized in the linford extended family for their use as moving/storage boxes. they are sturdy, a good size, and you don't have to use packing tape with them, which makes it easier to access items during the moving process. similarly, orange boxes are good, and useful in moving books because they are slightly smaller and don't get so heavy. banana boxes are nice for slightly wider items.

after my first year of law school, i did an internship in the bay area and lived with my aunt and uncle for six weeks. they were getting ready to move, and thus, trying to acquire apple boxes en mass. we found a local grocery store that was happy to give away boxes and even had a few employees who would specifically call my aunt when there were boxes to be had. i remember coming home from work and having my younger cousins excitedly report a good haul, especially if it was a new record.

"we got 10 boxes today!"

well, we are going to be moving at the end of the month and so i too, have been trying to acquire apple boxes en mass. i have found that my best bet is our local smith's grocery store and usually get a few when i stop by. last night though, i stopped by and there were 11 boxes. i was very excited about my find and felt like my little cousins when i came home and exclaimed to randy, "eleven boxes!"

i don't think he quite shared the full level of my enthusiasm, but acted excited for me nonetheless.

6 comments:

beth said...

nice! did you tell randy happy birthday for me?

abigail said...

YES!!! I remember living those days going to Safeway to get boxes.. I am glad you got 11 and share your excitement!

Trish Derrick said...

Way to go girl, you shall now be the "Box Queen"

Matt said...

Where are you guys moving?

debby said...

we are going to live in grandma and grandpa's house while they are on their mission.

Tine said...

11 boxes is a serious haul! nicely done. i have oodles of orange and banana boxes and other moving boxes that i was going to list on craigs list this weekend...if you're willing to come to salt lake for them, they're all yours! there are tons (but my mom already stole all the apple boxes).