Monday, October 12, 2009

cinnabon



i have been craving a cinnabon since the beginning of my pregnancy. there used to be a cinnabon in the local mall, but it shut down a couple years ago, so i tried to look up the next closest cinnabon. their website said that there was one in the salt lake airport and i went so far as to try to enlist my cousin, who is a flight attendant, to pick one up for me (it is inside the terminal and you have to have a ticket to get to it, otherwise, i would have just gone myself). unfortunatey, the cinnabon in the salt lake airport has also shut down. supposedly, there is one in ogden, but i wasn't willing to drive an hour and a half just to get one, and who knows, maybe it is shut down too.

and then, my mom and dad went on a trip last week and my mom picked one up in the cincinnati airport for me yesterday morning. i brought it home from sunday dinner, warmed it up, and quickly devoured it. i did offer randy a bite because he has never had a cinnabon before, but he didn't enjoy it enough for me to squander any more on him. it was delicious. not quite as good as straight out of the oven at a store, but pretty darn close, and as good as i'm going to get here in provo. thanks, mom!

2 comments:

Diane said...

I smelled the cinnabons before I saw the store. I said to your dad - I have to buy one for Debby.He looked at me (you've seen the look) and said are you serious?? I said yes. So, that's the story. I didn't even get one for myself. It was hard to resist, but I managed somehow. I think of sharing cinnabons with you at Bellevue Square whenever I smell them.

beth said...

i know it's not the same...but i've seen pillsbury (sp?) cinnamon rolls that have cinnabon written on their label. they have them at costco right now. maybe it's the same icing or something?