Sunday, May 10, 2009

mother's day

happy mother's day! i had a wonderful day, thanks to randy. he let me sleep in until 9:00, which made the rest of the day so much better. he wrote me a beautiful letter that made my day even more than the extra sleep, and he generally pampered me throughout the day.

madeleine obviously doesn't really get the concept of mother's day yet, but you would think that she did with how well behaved she was throughout the whole day, including being exceptionally docile during church. i also indulged myself by having her serenade me this morning. i played some of the primary songs about mothers and she stood by the piano and sang along (no, it's not exactly the melody, but it is still adorable).

it's nothing i haven't already said on this blog before, but i love my mothers. i love jeanie because she treats me like her own daughter and loves me for who i am, but most of all because she raised randy to be an amazing man. i love my own mother for her selflessness, her humor, and how i feel when i'm with her. the longer that i am a mother, the more i appreciate her.

i love being a mother. can you tell that my world revolves around madeleine? who would have known that i could feel this much love? motherhood is an indescribable role and emotion. sobering at times, but oh so rewarding.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i had a funny dream about you guys last night. I attended your hippie folk wedding where you were clad in velvet robes and the crowd all gathered around you singing sailor songs and show tunes and holding hands. I'd give you more detail but I don't want to freak you out :)