Tuesday, May 26, 2009

forgetting the words

randy has a terrible time remembering words to songs, nursery rhymes, etc. so, the other day, when i overheard randy doing "this little piggy," with madeleine and this egalitarian version came out:

this little piggy went to market
this little piggy also got to go
this little piggy had roast beef
this little piggy had some too
and this little piggy went “wee, wee, wee,” all the way home

i just chalked it up to his inability to recall lyrics and some creativity.

but tonight, randy was reading "the wheels on the school bus to madeleine," with the words printed right on the page in front of him and the words coming out of his mouth were not those on the page. a couple of my favorites:

the librarian on the bus says too many syllables, too many syllables, too many syllables...

the coach on the bus say "you're a jock! you're a jock! you're a jock!" the coach on the bus says "who needs school?" all the way to school.

so apparently it's just creativity run amok.

1 comment:

L said...

Funny! Very creative. I guess she has no idea...yet. I always love when I visit your actual blog- I love the pictures that run across. You and your little family have the most genuine smiles- I can tell you are really happy. And that makes me happy!!