Monday, June 9, 2008

my week

last week seemed to fly by for me. on wednesday and thursday, we got to spend time with ruth, jared, and abbi sine, who were all in town from new york. jared went to law school with me and was in my close group of friends that i studied with. he is one of the main reasons that i got through several of my classes. it was so fun to see them and catch up. i can't believe how big abbi is getting. it makes it seem more real that i graduated from law school over a year ago.

i also had my birthday yesterday and got to stretch it out a little. my friend, maija, came over and brought me cafe rio and played games with me on friday night while randy gigged, so i got to start the celebration off in style a little bit early. yesterday, madeleine woke up early, but randy took care of her so that i could sleep in. i spent lots of the day up at my parents with my family and had a great birthday dinner: tri-tip, potato cheese casserole, and peach cobbler. not much that's better than that!

also, this week, randy got a new padded piano bench. this is a huge deal, seeing as he spends several hours a day sitting on a bench. we're pretty excited. it's a vast improvement over the foam that he had on our wood bench.



No comments: