Sunday, June 15, 2008

i love my dads!



a happy father's day to all of the dads in my life. best of all, of course, is the father of my child, randy, but i'll get back to him in a minute.

as with my mother-in-law (see my mother's day post), i have been blessed with an awesome father-in-law. i think that one of the reasons that he's so easy to love is because he and randy are so similar. i love it when we are with them and bob will do something and i can think, "oh, that's where randy gets that from." he is kind and gentle, and has a great sense of humor. he is always generous with us.

my parent's always joke that i am 90% my dad, 10% my mom. this is probably why i get along so well with my dad. i have always loved running errands with him to spend extra one-on-one time together. my dad has been one of my greatest teachers in life and i think that i have learned a lot about my relationship with my heavenly father because i have had the tangible example of a great relationship with my own earthly father. my dad is a great cook and also knows how to dine out well. i have learned much about food and culture through him. my dad has taught me about generosity and service through his quiet example and i hope to someday be as free with my time and resources as he is. i could go on and on...

finally, randy is an awesome dad. i can really say that because he has been taking care of madeleine full time while i have worked this last year. he is so good with her and her face just lights up when she sees her daddy. i don't worry at all about leaving her with him because i know how well taken care of she is. he has sacrificed a lot of his time and energy to take care of her and has given so much these past 6 months. i could not ask for a better father for my children and i am especially excited to have him around when they become teenagers. he will by far be the more patient parent, as he has already proven. i love you randy!

No comments: