Saturday, June 28, 2008

how does your garden grow?



i mentioned a while ago that audrey helped me replant my garden. the reason we had to replant is because we had had an insect infestation previously, so i dug up the plants and now we are on round two. after planting my new starts, i didn't see any progress for a while and i was worried that the starts were in shock after transplanting them or that they were root bound (these are terms i have learned from my gardening mother-in-law and botanist brother-in-law), but the in the past two weeks, they have suddenly sprouted up.



my zucchini plants are huge. i'm glad i cut out one of the plants in my second attempt at a garden because there wouldn't have been room for more. there's a cucumber plant next to these, and it's definitely grown, but it's still a little behind.



i've got a few tomatoes that have shown up and now we just have to wait for them to be ripe. my tomato plants were starting to droop, so after 3 trips to home depot, they finally had tomato cages in stock, and i got those as well.

our basil plant isn't huge (it's in the back right corner of the picture above), but i still picked a little basil to put on our frozen pizza last night. it was delicious. i am so excited for my own fresh garden vegetables!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Everything looks great! Don't you love gardening??? It's so fun to watch things grow, and really quite amazing that so much happens from only a little seed.