Saturday, December 8, 2012

2012 christmas season: december 8th


decorate cookies with aunt cheryl.


this was a lot of fun for both the girls and me. my aunt cheryl invited us over to frost kris kringle cookies with her. she did all of the hard work of making the cookies and had everything set up and ready to go. all i had to do was show up with my kids and hold jonathan and take pictures while she helped the girls frost and sprinkle.

my grandma orris used to make all sorts of cookies every year during the christmas season and i have fond memories of frosting and decorating kris kringle cookies with her. even though she lives in utah now and isn't making cookies anymore, we got to hang out with my aunt and carry on the tradition.  


diane was surprisingly quiet and timid while we did it. she must have been concentrating hard on the task at hand.


a blurry picture of the boy.

 
cheryl is so great with my girls and they love spending time with her. i am really glad that she lives so close by. she and my mom are alike in a lot of ways, so it is fun to have her around as a sort of surrogate mom/grandma for our family.


the finished product.

No comments: