Saturday, September 15, 2012

visitors


my parents came to town last weekend. i've been looking forward to this for months and it finally arrived. the weekend was so wonderful. we ate really good food and hung out together. i feel bad because we really didn't do anything too exciting for them, but we all got to relax around the house with great company and the girls loved having a new audience for all of their antics. 
 

you will probably notice a food emphasis in the pictures from here on out. my parents lived here for over twenty years, so we had to make sure that they got to eat some of their favorite food while they were here. we didn't mind eating it with them either.

on the way home from the airport, we stopped at top pot donuts. they were huge. the apple fritter and the boston creme filled were pretty amazing.

on thursday night, my aunt, cheryl, came over and watched all three kids so that my parents, randy, and i could go out to dinner together. we went to a restaurant in bellevue called tosoni's. my dad discovered it years ago and it is in a little strip mall, but it is some of the best food that i have ever had. i would put it in my top ten meals of my life up to this point. one of those meals where you savor every bite. my parents were the perfect people to share it with. 




i had the mahi mahi, which was one of the specials for the day. so good.


my mom had the veal piccata. 


my dad had the cioppino. he called the night before to make reservations and the owner answered. he remembered my dad and my dad asked if he would make cioppino for him. and he did.

randy got some shrimp risotto that was also amazing. apparently i was too busy eating to take a picture of his. 


for dessert, we got the chocolate decadence and a black forest cake. the cake was good, but the chocolate decadence was divine.





the weather was beautiful for most of the weekend, so we did spend some time outside. madeleine showed off her bike skills and we also all went to st. edward's for a picnic and playing on the playground. 



my mom and dad helped me hang some pictures around the house that i've been meaning to hang since we moved in. it's always nice to have someone else to help give that push and get projects done. 
on the other end of the spectrum from tosoni's is king charley's. but oh so delicious in its own way. it took forever to get our meal and my dad and i solved all of their inefficiency problems while we stood and waited for the food to come, but when it did finally come, it was fantastic. also, they had fresh blackberry shakes that were amazing.
 

on sunday, we went to sand point to go on a drive and walk around a little, but when we got out of the car, it was extremely windy. we weren't really prepared for how cold it was, so it was a short lived visit. 




 the weekend was over far too quickly, but was wonderful while it lasted. come back soon!

1 comment:

Diane said...

We loved it. I'm already counting the days until next time.