Sunday, December 4, 2011

a charlie brown christmas tree


this was not my year for the christmas tree. our living room is cramped as it is, so i decided to put a smaller tree in our kitchen bay window. i figured that it would be pretty sitting up there, out of the way, and maybe even a little cheaper.

not exactly.


we went to pick out a tree and it was freezing, so the girls were pretty done about thirty seconds after we got out of the car. the only small trees that they had left were pretty charlie brown looking and i was discouraged. i probably would have gone somewhere else if it hadn't meant packing up the girls and hauling everyone to a different location. plus, i just wanted a tree at this point. 



this is our tree. despite my attempts to get a small one, it still ended up being too big for the window seat. plus, because it was small, it didn't really work in the stand and we had to do some serious jerry-rigging to get it to even stand up. i may have wanted to cry a little by the end of the whole process. it's probably just the pregnancy hormones though. it cost almost the same as a large tree, it wouldn't even work in our stand, and it looks pretty pathetic.


but, the girls love it. they don't know any better. and as randy reminded me, it wouldn't fit in the corner of our kitchen that we have it in if it were a big, bushy tree. or really anywhere in our house, for that matter.


so, i'm going to suck it up and enjoy the smell and try not to think about the negative aspects of it. maybe it will grow on me.


3 comments:

Lucy said...

Ha ha! Funny story. I happen to like the tree! Your girls are so cute and so are you!

megan... said...

Looks a lot like our tree so maybe I led you astray!!

Joanne said...

I think it is an adorable tree! I was laughing at the title, because when we were kids we always loved the huge,full,bushy trees, and I remember after I was married and my parents got a really scrawny tree (it was one they wanted to plant in the front yard afterward). We were all so upset, and they called it the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. It did grow on us, by the way - I have realized that trees with character are fun, and all the better to see the ornaments, too, right? I love the picture of your girls in front of it.