Tuesday, December 6, 2011

anatomy lessons

i was baking something this afternoon and the girls were "helping" me in the kitchen. while they were helping, they were also looking at a book with the little mermaid in it. this is the conversation that i was only partly paying attention to:

madeleine: where are her eyes?
diane points to ariel's eyes.
madeleine: where is her nose?
diane points to ariel's nose.
...
madeleine: where are her booby traps?
diane looks at madeleine with a perplexed look.

at this point i perked up and said, "i think you mean 'boobs,' and the correct term is breasts."

madeleine moved on without missing a beat.

madeleine (to diane): where are her breasts?

diane was still perplexed.

3 comments:

beth said...

When Andrew is crying, Rachel usually turns to me and says, "Andrew sad." Then she suggests, "Andrew eat yours boobs?" Close, Rachel.

Trish Derrick said...

I think I shall call them Booby Traps from now on! I love it.

Joanne said...

Haha! So funny. I have never called them boobs (for some reason that word just can't sound right coming out of my mouth), but I think booby traps is a pretty good name. That one is going to be a classic story forever and ever.