Sunday, November 28, 2010

dreams of sugar plum fairies

2010 christmas pillowcase
since 1995, my mom has been making us christmas pillowcases. at some point during thanksgiving, she would sneak into our rooms and put our pillowcases on our pillows. it is always a sure sign to me that the christmas season is in full swing. now that the family is getting bigger, she doesn't do it every year, but this year she made them for everyone.  madeleine and diane haven't had them before, so it is fun to have them for the whole family.

pillowcases of christmas past

i have quite the collection at this point. i have to admit, i usually keep my pillowcase on my pillow for most of the year. it is a fun reminder of my mom and a good way to tell the difference between randy's and my pillow. they are also great for taking camping or to sleepovers. nobody mistakes your pillow for theirs.


madeleine loves her new pillowcase. she usually sleeps with a tiny little pillow but decided to upgrade to a bigger pillow last night so that she can have her pillowcase on it. a perfect backdrop as she dreams of the coming christmas.

No comments: