Thursday, July 2, 2009

avoiding the heat

yikes! it's been a long time since i've updated. at the end of june, the weather finally heated up and resumed normal utah summer temperatures. i was actually rather enjoying the cool temperatures and rain showers. but, at least the sun and heat meant that we could go swimming. we headed over to my friend's place and went swimming with her and her daughter.





our family grew up swimming with these tubes when we were really little and my mom finally found one for me this season (they are harder to find than you would think). this was the maiden voyage for madeleine in her tube and she loved the freedom of being able to kick around a little more freely than when i have to hold her tight to me. it was much less tiring for me, as well. madeleine is a little fish and i finally had to drag her out of the water after almost two hours because we had to go. it should be a fun summer of swimming with her.

No comments: