Monday, March 9, 2009

sisters' weekend 2009



this weekend was our annual sisters' weekend. thursday night, my mom and dad picked up beth, rachel, madeleine and me so that our husbands could have the cars for the weekend and we all headed up to my mom's, where audrey was waiting for us. the weekend was filled with talking, food, games, and projects. randy was even nice enough to come and get madeleine on saturday and give me a day all to myself. i got eight and a half hours of uninterrupted sleep on saturday night. by the time sunday afternoon rolled around and randy and madeleine came to pick me up though, i was very ready to see my little family again. i missed them a lot.







our party favors: beth brought everyone antibacterial hand stuff that smelled great, i brought nail buffers for everyone, audrey got us the beautiful white dish, and my mom went overboard and couldn't help herself. she got us bookmarks, the book, "elbert's bad word," (a family favorite), some candles, and a purse saver that hangs on the edges of things so that you can hang your purse from it instead of putting it on the floor.



one of the big projects from the week was glass etching our pyrex pans. it was a big project, but turned out well. now our pans are easily identifiable as ours.







another big project was working on the 2008 family photo album. it's almost done. maybe next year we'll have it done closer to the beginning of the year.



audrey and beth took on the additional project of making nursing tops. i already have one, so i didn't participate, but theirs turned out great! it was such a fun weekend for me.

1 comment:

Ryan and Erin said...

That sounds so stinking fun! I love all your projects. So cool!!