Friday, September 26, 2008

e-brake

almost my entire family will admit that they use emergency brakes improperly in cars. we actually had a conversation about it at family dinner last weekend. for the most part, this just means that we don't use them. and the main reason for that is that when we do use them, we usually forget to take them off and end up driving around for long distances with the emergency brake on. this renders the brake useless eventually, so why use it in the first place? and so the cycle goes on.

well, today, i went for a run with madeleine. i have never been a huge fan of running, but it has become more enjoyable for me lately. today, however, i could not seem to enjoy my run. i felt like my feet were dragging, every block of my route seemed longer than usual, and the baby jogger felt heavier than usual.

you can see where this is going...

while i was pumping up one of the tires on the jogger this morning, i put the stroller brakes on so that it wouldn't roll away. and then i forgot to take the brakes off. and when i got back to the house after my run and went to put the brakes on while i got the garage open, i realized that i had left the brakes on for my entire run. no wonder i had a rough go of it.

1 comment:

beth said...

sounds like when ray's brakes were broken on his bike and he could barely keep up with his companion!