Sunday, July 11, 2010

the post wherein i try not to sound completely bitter... and fail


one of the family reunion activities was tackling the payette river...


on these.

and i didn't get to go. giving me yet another bitter chapter in my rant about how i never get to go river rafting.

in case you haven't heard...

my younger brother has been on several white water rafting trips through the scouting program. and i did crafts at girls camp.

my parents went on a river rafting trip with randy's parents. and we weren't invited because i was pregnant.

and now, everyone got to go river rafting at the family reunion. and i was a nursing mother. oh, the sacrifices i make for you, children. oh, the sacrifices...

but, randy did go, and he had a blast. and randy's aunt got some great pictures of the whole ordeal that almost made me feel like i was there. okay, not even close (remember how i'm bitter?), but they were fun to see.


randy and his brother, kyle



bob, jeanie, randy and kyle


the whole group


randy's boat




the rest of these are pictures that the rafting company took and sold to us for a pretty penny. but they are pretty awesome pictures. and randy looks like a first class rafter in them.










someday i will be a first class rafter. after my children are gone and i am too old to lift an oar.

but i'm not bitter.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Hmmm,maybe you won't be too old to lift an oar...

Someday.

Jon and Bre said...

I remember always hating the boys and their scouting trips; especially the river rafting! I always said that i was going to dress up like a boy, cut my hair off and sneak into one of those rafts.... I didnt follow through very well but I always loved thinking about it.