Wednesday, June 16, 2010

my first quilt


well, sort of. i actually finished randy's christmas quilt before this one, but this is the first one that i started. my mom bought the fabric for me for my birthday last year and i just finished it this last weekend. such is quilting with small children.


as with all of my crafting projects, this quilt has a little character, but i am really happy with how it turned out in general. most of the character comes from the fact that none of us realized that i was quilting without the walking foot on the sewing machine until about 80% of the way through the quilt.

when i was picking out the fabric, i was pregnant (read: incredibly indecisive). i was not sure how it would all come together, but i really love it. i have seen this quilt pattern made with several different fabric combinations and i am surprised at how different they all feel. i have to say, i think i like mine the best so far. could be that i picked out the fabric.


an unobstructed view.

i have to say, i think that it goes pretty well with my parents rocker. it seems a shame for them to be apart. don't you think, mom and dad?

2 comments:

Diane said...

The closest you are going to get to having that rocker is up on your blog header, pretty girl. But I must say I will take your quilt to keep the rocker company if you like them together so well...

Kim said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love it!! Sounds liks you're going to have some trouble getting that rocker!