Wednesday, March 10, 2010

boo hoo moo

diane was pretty miserable last week because of some gnarly gas (oh the things i've started blogging about... sorry about that) and i finally admitted to myself that it was probably related to something i was eating. reluctantly. i never had this problem with madeleine.

i figured it was the massive amounts of craisins that i had been eating and cut those out of my diet. that seemed to help, but the gas started up again (again, sorry about that...). even more reluctantly, i decided to try cutting dairy out of my diet to see if that would help.

selfishly, i hoped it wouldn't.

but it seems like it did.

ugh. i already miss my cheese and milk. and i have a half-eaten carton of girl scout samoan ice cream in the freezer. this is a limited season item, folks. one i crave all year.

motherhood is full of sacrifices. hopefully she'll grow out of this.

6 comments:

Kendra said...

I hear you!! I cut all dairy out of my diet 3 weeks ago... and I never even thought that I would make it this long. I too had hoped that it wouldn't make any difference for Summer - but it did - it made a big difference - so now I'm stuck. I'll probably try reintroducing a little dairy in a few weeks... we'll see. Good luck with that. And I have to agree - I LOVE the Girl Scout flavored ice cream. Okay, I truthfully love all ice cream. Again, good luck!

Diane said...

bummer

audrey said...

I hear you. Darn it.

However, if you need help taking that ice cream off your hands, you can send it home with Joseph tonight. We're always here to help - he he hee!

Maija said...

At least you get to eat dairy again once she's over her stage o' gas... could be worse. I feel your pain. We need to play, by the way. Call me.

R said...

I did that with Benjamin. At about 3 and a half months he grew out of it. I know how hard it is... Why is dairy so tasty?

debby said...

nice try, audrey, but it turns out that randy is still eating dairy.