Wednesday, August 5, 2009

an explanation

if you take a glance over at the blog archive on the right side of my blog, you can see that my posting dropped significantly in june and july. now, i realize that my self-worth is not tied to the number of posts per month, and i also realize that most of my posts are silly musings that few (if any) readers actually care about, but i do feel a certain obligation to keep family (especially grandmothers) apprised of what's going on in our lives, including pictures. and i have been slacking in that responsibility of late.

but... i do have an excuse. you see, i am pregnant.

most of the people who actually suffer through my blog posts are family members, so many of you already know that i'm pregnant, but i figured i should break the news to the few of you who may not know yet.

i am pregnant, due around february 3rd, and unlike my pregnancy with madeleine, this one has not been so pleasant. thus, the lack of posting. i'm convinced that we are having a boy or twins, because i have not been feeling nearly as well as i did when i was pregnant with madeleine. i shouldn't complain, because it still hasn't been as bad as many women's pregnancies, but it has been rougher for me and sapped my energy for the last couple months. then again, it could be another girl and this pregnancy has been different because i have been chasing around a toddler.

rambling... congratulations if you have made it this far.

all of this is to announce that i am pregnant, that we are excited about it, and to excuse past and future blog-slack.

that is all.

11 comments:

beth said...

today is the day of exciting announcements! i, or course, already knew, but i'm still excited!

Kim said...

congrats congrats! i love pregnancy news! So exciting!

Springer Family said...

This is Bre Ann's cousin. I don't know if you remember me, but I look at your blog now and again. Congrats on the pregnancy! Your little girl is so cute! How old is she?

Springer Family said...

This is Bre Ann's cousin. I don't know if you remember me, but I look at your blog now and again. Congrats on the pregnancy! Your little girl is so cute! How old is she?

Springer Family said...

Sorry for posting twice I only meant to post once.

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I love reading about your sweet little family. You are a darling mom and that is one lucky baby who will be joining you! (unless it's twins - and then it would be two.) :)

Ryan and Erin said...

More people care than you think. Plus you are always witty and I dont see why people wouldn't enjoy your blog

Erin Leigh said...

oh my goodness, oh my goodenss!! this is terrific news and i'm super excited for you guys! you produce beautiful offspring. :) you are getting me a bit nervous though when you say this second pregnancy is rougher than the first since mine with june was also so great, no problems at all. i was hoping that was how they all would be!

natalie said...

Congrats!!!!! Now our RS presidency is complete again...we all have a hubby, baby #1, now baby #2! Too bad we don't all live near each so we could get all the babies together! Hope you feel better!

Laura said...

Debbie! I was reading your blog and saw that you are pregnant. Congrats! I'm pregnant, too, due about a month before you. Hope you guys are doing well!

Nicole S said...

hey, congrats!! How fun to have another little one! Can't wait to find out what you're having...but not as much as you I'm sure.