Saturday, February 14, 2009

love

randy and i ended up celebrating valentine's day yesterday. this makes it sound as if we had plans or something, but really, randy had gone to the store to get me something for valentine's day and after feeling silly in front of conventional valentine's day gifts, got me sushi instead (not from the store, from a sushi restaurant) with a twix for dessert. since sushi doesn't really keep overnight, he gave it to me last night and madeleine and i gave him our gifts too.

here is madeleine's valentine:



for my gift, i made an attempt at creativity. i gave randy this little book:



inside, it said:



with pages of things i love him more than. here are a few examples:





okay, so neither of us are traditional romantics. but he knows how much i love to crash shopping carts together, and obviously, how much i love sushi. a sushi roll and a twix meant way more to me than flowers and chocolate ever could.

thank you for loving me unconventionally randy.

No comments: