Sunday, November 30, 2008

knitting

i've been wanting to take up knitting for a while and since my grandma orris happens to be an extremely talented knitter, i decided that this week would be the perfect time to learn.



we went to "the wool cabin," and grandma got me outfitted with the basics for making my first project - a scarf.



here i am during my first knitting lesson. my grandma was a great teacher, and very patient with me.



it took me a little while to get it, but i think that i've finally caught on. i'm about a foot into my scarf and will post pictures once i'm finished with it. unfortunately, i'm a little worried that i'll make some big mistake and without my grandma there to fix it, it could get ugly. i did take some video of my grandma showing me various things so that even if she's not around, i can still get a visual reminder of what i'm supposed to be doing. hopefully everything goes as planned...

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love your hair! And your knitting looks great too! That's one thing i would like to get into as well. I can knit pretty well but the pearling (sp?) I have a really hard time with. I can't wait to see your scarf!

debby said...

yeah, i haven't attempted purling. i videotaped my grandma doing it so that i can try it when i'm ready.