Tuesday, November 11, 2008

glove chipmunk

are you sitting down?

i embarked on a craft project today. i saw this project (i can't remember where the original source was), and decided to try it. i have no idea why i felt compelled to do so. madeleine has plenty of toys, and even plenty of stuffed little creatures. and i'm no good at this kind of thing. but i have a lot of time, right? this is what the glove chipmunk is supposed to look like:



this is what mine looks like:



let's just say my chipmunk has been eating a lot more nuts than the model chipmunk. i guess this accurately models real life.

it's a little rough around the edges, but it's cute enough and madeleine seems to enjoy it. i always tell myself that i just need to take it slow and be more meticulous, but i'm not patient and i end up muscling my way through these kinds of projects, as you can tell by the visible stitches and other rough spots. i think some of that was from selecting slightly different materials as well.

i'm pretty proud of myself though, i took it start to finish in one day and it at least somewhat resembles the desired outcome. plus, i have another glove to try it out on when i get the energy and hopefully that will be a little more polished.

3 comments:

jeanie said...

I'm proud of you for trying! Keep it up - Madeleine will love the things you do. Kyle used to come to me and ask me to make everything -- part of provident living. Well done! Love, Mama J

audrey said...

This is great. Granted, I was in a deep shock for a moment, but once I recovered, I was thrilled with the result. My boys are standing here with me and were giggling about the chipmunk and Austin said, "I love it! What is it?" It was really funny.

Diane said...

A craft?!? Where is my girl, and what have you done with her?

It is so cute!! You started with a good project. Personally, I think yours is cuter. Now you're ready to quilt!