Tuesday, January 29, 2013

my mom visits


as a birthday present to herself, my mom came to visit us last weekend. i, of course, thought it was a marvelous idea. she came last wednesday and left monday. it didn't seem nearly long enough, but i'm sure that would be true no matter how long she had stayed. unfortunately, the day that she arrived, my kids all got nasty colds, so we really spent most of the weekend just sitting around and visiting. i didn't mind, and knowing my mom, she didn't mind either. by some miracle, she seems to have avoided the cold, despite having the kids climb (cough, and sneeze) all over her, so hopefully that stays true once she's home. 


her actual birthday fell during her visit, so we made a cake. she turned fifty-six, thus the five and six candles. the girls decorated it.


 we never did get a picture of my mom and all three kids, but did manage to snap them separately.








i would have liked to have hog-tied my mom and made her stay forever, but i'm pretty sure that she would have gotten sick of it pretty quickly and my dad would have been pretty upset with me. love you mom; thanks for coming to visit. 



2 comments:

Diane said...

Best birthday present I could ever give myself. I'll have to make it a tradition! I hated to go. I hate to be gone. I had the best time ever. I love you!

R said...

That seems like something that should become a tradition! What a fun weekend.