Wednesday, March 2, 2011

chopped


last week, i got my hair cut by a man named patrick. he has large, colorful tattoos on his forearms and a walrus mustache. i am a sucker for the sleek, modern lines and beautiful sunlight in his salon.

i used to get my haircut by a woman named pearl. her salon was in her basement and decorated with large, fluorescent colored flowers. hippie style. it suited her well.

i didn't switch hair dressers for any of the aforementioned characteristics, although reading back, it sounds like a comparison. in which pearl might lose. but no. patrick lives closer to me.

i was going to grow my hair out, but i got fed up with it and decided to cut it shorter again. this is what usually happens. i get sick of the grow-it-out phase and suddenly decide that i must get my hair cut. immediately. that day if at all possible. actually, that is another reason i switched to patrick. pearl was always booked out for weeks.

anyways... i really like the haircut. and i really liked how patrick styled it. which is rare. not for patrick, but for hairdressers and me in general. only problem is, i can't really recreate how he did it. because i am a hair styling dunce. i've tried. not that hard, but i have tried.

all that is to say, don't expect it to look like this too often. expect more of the messy, undone look.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Love it! As always your hair inspires me to copy you...I'm just not brave enough. Very stylish!

Erin Leigh said...

i'm loving it and am just like you with the cuts. must have them that very day i decide! give me patrick's number. i love a man-hairdresser with tatoos

Diane said...

I LOVE the cut!

Kim said...

I love it! You look so great!