Friday, October 24, 2008

the poisonwood bible



i just finished reading "the poisonwood bible," by barbara kingsolver. it took me a few days longer to read this than "rules," however, it was only because it is a much longer book, not because i was not completely engrossed in the book. i was. and unlike "rules," i probably did neglect a lot more of my duties to read this one. i'm sure that madeleine will be glad to have me done with it.

i loved this book. i read it for a bookclub that i am in and i can't wait for the discussion. the writing, the themes, the characters... oh so good.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Warning - small spoiler:

I love the part where the oldest daughter reads how to survive in the crush of a big crowd - put your elbows out, and raise your feet. I hope I never have to use the advice, but if it does ever happen to me, I'll give it a try!